Looking for quality skilled labor as a business or to learn a marketable skill as a worker? The NWFA Wood Flooring Specialist Apprenticeship Program, approved by the U.S. Department of Labor, provides many benefits for businesses offering apprenticeships through the NWFA and for workers who are seeking apprenticeships in the wood flooring industry.
BENEFITS FOR BUSINESSES
- Recruit and develop a highly skilled workforce
- Retain workers
- Use provided curriculum for instruction
- Rely on NWFA to administer customized online and hands-on training, and to provide a clear path for technical advancement
- Minimize turnover and liability costs
- Improve productivity and profitability
- Apply to receive funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Qualify for tax credits (*May vary by state, contact your local apprenticeship agency for more information.)
Enroll today and show prospective employees, customers, and suppliers that you invest in your workforce. Align with the NWFA to help you administer skills-based education.
BENEFITS FOR WORKERS
- Receive on-the-job training with related classroom instruction that will increase your skill level and wage
- Earn a nationally recognized credential
- Connect with a mentor that will instruct and guide you through the program
- Qualify for guaranteed career advancement
- Apply to receive funding
- Earn college credit (varies depending on state)
Find a participating employer near you to start a job in the wood flooring industry that has a competitive wage from day one. Grow your knowledge while working in a long-term position that will support you with structured learning and one-on-one mentorship.