NWFA Announces Emerging Leaders Network
The National Wood Flooring Association is launching an Emerging Leaders Network to attract young talent who are passionate about the trade and desire to keep the industry thriving.
NWFA Emerging Leaders are young wood flooring professionals of all business types who portray an unmatched work ethic, attention to social consciousness, and strive to uphold industry standards for generations to come.
The primary mission of the NWFA Emerging Leaders Network is to give young professionals a voice in the association and the wood flooring industry, as well as to provide opportunities to connect and build relationships through education, networking and close involvement with projects directly impacting NWFA’s leadership.
Members involved in this group can:
· Join meetups annually at the Expo, as well as online conferences throughout the year
· Contribute content to NWFA and Hardwood Floors Magazine
· Play a critical role in implementing ideas into programs that will better serve young wood flooring professionals
· Determine barriers among generations and develop solutions for a balanced workplace environment.
The Emerging Leaders Council will oversee the strategy and activities of the Emerging Leaders Network. The council members include:
· Matt Casey, Bona US
· John Dupra, Installers Warehouse
· Allie Finkell, American OEM
· Jessica Hickman, Allegheny Mountain Hardwood Flooring
· Libby Horne, Haines
· Toby Merrill, DuraSeal
· Laura Mullins, Graf Brothers Flooring
· Josh Neuberger, Pallmann
· Tom Ruekert, Palo Duro Hardwoods
· Aaron Schaalma, Signature Custom Flooring
In order to become a part of the Emerging Leaders Network, young professionals must be members of the NWFA (or work for a member company) and be referred in by their employer or a member of the Emerging Leaders Network or Council.
To nominate a young professional, complete the form online at https://nwfa.org/emergingleaders. Inclusion in the network is free of charge.
The network will kick off during an exclusive reception at NWFA Expo 2017. This reception will provide a unique opportunity for emerging leaders to connect with each other and NWFA’s existing leadership.
More information about the Emerging Leaders Network can be found on our website at https://nwfa.org/emergingleaders.
The NWFA can be contacted at 800.422.4556 (USA & Canada), 636.519.9663 (local and international), or at www.nwfa.org.